top of page


How do I get started? 


It's a simple 3 step process:


  1. Contact us at (615)200-8289 or You can also utilize our "contact" page to send us a message. We will return your call as promptly as possible.

  2. We will schedule an initial evaluation, based on your concerns. If your child has been evaluated in the past 12 months and you provide us with a copy of that evaluation, we can proceed straight to treatment.

  3. A new client information form will be emailed to you. Please complete the form and return it prior to your child’s evaluation and/or first therapy session.


What happens after the evaluation?


If therapy is recommended, the length and frequency of speech therapy will be determined based on the results of your child's evaluation. Please remember, each child is unique. We typically recommend therapy 1-2 times per week for 30, 45, or 60 minutes.


Do you accept health insurance?


We currently do not accept insurance. As an out-of-network provider, we are able to provide billing statements for you to submit to your insurance. Additionally, you may be eligible to use funds from a healthcare flexible spending account. We highly recommend checking with your health plan administrator to determine whether or not your child’s speech-language therapy services qualify.   


How will I be billed for services?


Electronic invoices are sent via email every two weeks. Invoices can be paid online with most major credit cards. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover. 


Where will my child's therapy sessions take place?


Berns Therapy Solutions generally serves the West Nashville community. Therapy sessions are arranged after an initial evaluation. During the school year, sessions typically take place at the child's school or daycare (with permission). During the summer or after school hours, therapy sessions take place at our office conveniently located at 4205 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37215. 


What is a speech-language pathologist?


Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.

Communication disorders can include, but are not limited to, childhood apraxia of speech, articulation disorders, expressive and/or receptive language disorders, language-based learning disabilities, pragmatic language disorders, speech and language delays, stuttering and/or voice disorders.

Speech-language pathologists must be licensed to practice by the state that they are working in, and many speech-language pathologists are also certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). ASHA is a professional organization that oversees speech-language pathologists within the United States.

What are the letters next to your name?


Many speech-language pathologists have the credentials "CCC-SLP" after their names. This means that the therapist has been awarded their Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology by ASHA. In order to receive this voluntary and internationally recognized certification, SLPs must complete a masters degree from an accredited university, complete 1,600+ hours of supervised clinical experience, earn a passing grade on required national examination, and complete 30 hours of continuing education every three years to maintain their certification. Those with the CCC-SLP credential meet the highest standard of excellence within their profession.


  • Berns Therapy Facebook
  • @Bernstherapy
  • Berns Therapy Linke
bottom of page